The West Virginia Council of Teachers of English is committed to promoting literacy and lifelong learning by empowering and inspiring educators through professional development and collaboration. WVCTE seeks to connect educators across the state to improve the teaching of English Language Arts at all levels.
- Empower and connect ELA teachers of all grade levels across West Virginia.
- Build a community of passionate ELA educators of all levels.
- Serve literacy educators at all career phases (pre-service and practicing) and levels (elementary, middle, secondary, and college).
- Provide opportunities for discussion, group study, and reflection on the teaching of English/Language Arts.
- Strengthen the English Language Arts instruction to meet students’ needs.
- Communicate relevant information, ideas, and research.
- Coordinate and provide resources and support for literacy and lifelong learning.
- Recognize contributions and accomplishments in the area of literacy education and lifelong learning.
- Collaborate with other organizations and institutions in related activities.